"Housing Quiz"The Housing Quiz is part of the Race Literacy Quiz ran in the March/April P&R. It was developed by California Newsreel, in association with the Association of American Colleges and Universities. The myths and misconceptions it raises are explored in the 3-part documentary series, RACE – The Power of an Illusion, available on video and DVD from California Newsreel at www.newsreel.org or 1-877/811-7495. For more information and background, visit the companion website at www.pbs.org/race.May/June 2004 issue of Poverty & Race
1. Of the $120 billion in home loans underwritten by the federal government between 1933 and 1962, what percentage went to white homeowners?
2. Which of the following is not a result of federal government policies?
3. Today, the net worth of the average white family is how much compared to the average black family?
4. When white and black families of similar incomes are compared, what is the difference in their net worth?
5. According to a 1993 study, 86% of suburban whites lived in a community where the black population was:
6. Which is NOT an example of a government racial preference program?
|Poverty & Race Research Action Council | 740 15th St. NW, Suite 300, Washington, DC 20005|
©Copyright 1992-2018 Poverty & Race Research Action Council