"Race Literacy Quiz - What differences make a difference?"The Race Literacy Quiz (only a portion of which is included here) was developed by California Newsreel, in association with the Association of American Colleges and Universities. The myths and misconceptions it raises are explored in the 3-part documentary series, RACE – The Power of an Illusion, available on video and DVD from California Newsreel at www.newsreel.org or 1-877-811-7495. For more information and background, visit the companion website at www.pbs.org/race.March/April 2004 issue of Poverty & Race
1. Humans have approximately 30,000 genes. On average, how many genes separate all members of one race from all members of another race?
2. Which characteristic did the ancient Greeks believe most distinguished them from “barbarians”?
3. Members of a race can be identified by their:
4. Skin color correlates most closely with:
5. Which group has the most genetic variation?
6. Which two populations are most likely, on average, to be genetically similar?
7. Most human genetic variation can be found:
8. Which continent has the greatest human genetic diversity?
9. Which of the following was NOT an important reason why African slavery first took root in North America:
|Poverty & Race Research Action Council | 740 15th St. NW, Suite 300, Washington, DC 20005|
©Copyright 1992-2018 Poverty & Race Research Action Council